Diller Teen Fellows
Education Director, North America
Location: Remote/Bay Area
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Diller Teen Fellows is a premier identity-building and leadership development program for Jewish teens that provides a cutting-edge model for experiencing Jewish pluralism and Peoplehood. Diller has 16 partnerships and 32 participating communities in seven countries, as well as a network of 5,000 alumni leaders who are actively engaged in making a difference in their communities, Israel, and the Jewish people.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The inaugural Education Director, North America, will lead all curricular deliverables for the program. Reporting to the Senior Fellowship Director and working in close partnership with the Diller Teen Fellows education team, the Education Director’s responsibilities will include:
• Drive the ongoing creation, maintenance, adaptation, and expansion of the Diller Teen Fellows curriculum.
• Work closely with all Program Specialists/Mentors in North America and Israel on curriculum implementation in partner communities.
• Advise colleagues in other Heller Diller Family Foundation programs around educational deliverables throughout the year.
• Partner with the Director of Alumni Network & Engagement to ensure consistency between the Fellowship and the Junior Counselor program.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Proven expertise as a Jewish educator with 10+ year of experience and a demonstrated passion for working with next generation leaders.
• Knowledge of the Jewish communal nonprofit space and experience navigating cross-cultural dynamics, specifically with individuals and institutions in Israel.
• Ability to motivate and mentor a diverse team of program staff across North America and Israel.
• Understanding of cutting-edge experiential education practices, including virtual learning platforms, tools, and materials.
EDUCATION: BA in a related field required, with a graduate degree preferred.
TRAVEL: Domestic and international travel 20%, including up to three weeks in Israel each summer. Note: All Diller Teen Fellows employees will continue to work remotely, with no required travel, through at least March, 2021.
Please send a cover letter and resume or nomination************************ws is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.