Job No: 495252
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Undergraduate Torah Studies
Location: Wilf Campus, 500 West 185th Street, NY, NY
Categories: Administrative Support
The Academic Coordinator is responsible for the daily administrative activity of the Office of the Dean
• Manage faculty, students, and office staff affairs, including day-to-day needs, requests, and data management
• Support colleagues in learning and using University and technology programs
• Process student, faculty, and course schedule reports, among others
• Continuously review and streamline college processes to ensure alignment with Yeshiva University schools
• Determine needs and priorities for room requests, space planning, IT services, University access accounts, and other shared operational resources
• Communicate with IT and Academic Computing with regard to maintenance of classroom/office technology
• Oversee and manage UTS website content
• Coordinate and prepare UTS weekly newsletter
• Provide training to staff regarding school and organizational policies and procedures. Ensure that all employees are aware of special instructions from the Office of Safety and Security
• Oversee special projects/programs and events
• Book rooms, order food, request on campus parking
• Coordinate outside catering, transportation and logistics for events held off campus
• Coordinate with Shiur Assistants, Madrichim, Rebbeim on how to properly request and manage events within set guidelines
• Prepare flyers/email/notification of UTS events and communication
• Assist students and faculty with completing reimbursement requests
• Use Maccabuy for purchasing supplies
• Make decisions about expenditures within guidelines set by the Dean and Operations Manager
• Work on key projects with Operations Manager
• Serve as point person for yearly Melava Malka
• Provide University offices and faculty, with pertinent information through reports, written communications, forms and facilitate access to necessary documentation, and university systems
• Act as liaison for the college to faculty, staff, University departments and vendors
• Oversee faculty course evaluation process
• Assist with special projects as assigned by the Dean or Operations Manager
• Assist dean with faculty recruitment and tenure activities
• Provide administrative orientation for new hires
Experience & Educational Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 1 - 3 years of office administrative and/or academic experience required
• Ability to read and write in Hebrew
• Familiarity with the YU community and its mission
Skills & Competencies:
• Customer Service Mentality
• Advanced level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Banner.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, so as to be and effective liaison for the college with internal and external population – including online web/social media
• Strong interpersonal skills, and effective relationship development
• Highly self-motivated and extremely organized
• Strong analytical skills, with ability to find creative solutions, and implement resolutions toward desired results.
• Effectively manages own time and resources
• Proactive and team-oriented
To apply, visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.