Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools
Position: Director, Educational Innovation
Reports to: Amy Wasser
Department: Educational Innovation
Location: New York City or remote
Date: July 1, 2021
Prizmah is the network for Jewish day schools across North America. We partner with day schools, yeshivas, philanthropists, and communities from all denominations, helping them grow their reach and impact and tackle the challenges on their paths to success.
Educating our children is the most important investment we can make in their future. Jewish day schools inspire and nurture young people, prepare them for remarkable and meaningful lives, and enable them to thrive.
Prizmah enhances the ability of schools to excel. Prizmah is building networks for schools and their supporters to connect, learn and drive impact – deepening talent by investing in professional and lay leaders; catalyzing resources to generate funding for schools to flourish; and accelerating educational innovation, to foster teaching and learning opportunities that empower students.
At Prizmah, we see what is possible for Jewish day schools, and we're passionate about making that vision a reality.
The Director of Educational Innovation will support the field of Jewish day schools and yeshivas by developing programs and services in the core content areas of Educational Innovation and identifying trends in Jewish and general education. The director will create and deliver professional development opportunities that address both pedagogy and content. The director will serve as a resource for school leaders and develop relationships with them to ascertain the needs of the field, while working with Prizmah colleagues in areas such as school assessment, accreditations and thought leadership.
The Prizmah Network - Relationship Management
-Develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of educational leaders in Prizmah Network schools.
-In partnership with Prizmah team members, design programs and learning opportunities for Jewish day school and yeshiva teachers and leaders, connecting them to valuable resources and to each other.
-Serve as a bridge between the field and Prizmah, seeing and identifying trends in Jewish and general education and developing programs and services to support the field of Jewish day schools.
-Manage and support the virtual network of school leaders through the Prizmah Reshet Groups.
Professional Development for the Field and Schools
- Work with the internal Prizmah team to develop dynamic, relevant programs and services that accelerate the teaching and learning of school leaders and teachers.
- Serve as a resource for the Prizmah Network of schools and communities by traveling to schools and communities to offer programs and services.
- Develop relationships and partner with school leaders and teachers to plan and implement professional development programming that seeks to advance a school's educational vision.
- Serve as a mentor and instructor in Prizmah programs and work with the teams developing programs.
- Provide thought leadership and public presence for the field of Jewish day schools through written pieces, digital media and participation in conferences and gatherings of field leaders.
- Work together with the Prizmah Services team on scopes of work and provide consulting in areas that may include accreditations, leadership search, community and school-specific initiatives.
- Lead and support Prizmah work in schools by serving as a consultant on specific aspects of strategic initiatives in schools.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in working in a Jewish day school or yeshiva as a teacher and/or administrator
- Experience working in areas of school programming that could include: training teacher teams, differentiation, blended learning, social and emotional learning, pedagogy around Judaics and Hebrew
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines and to meet frequent deadlines
- Outgoing personality to create relationships with colleagues in the field
- Self-starter and team-player
- Excellent organizational skills for managing many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with professional staff
- Ability to deliver workshops both in person and in a remote format
- When possible, there will be an expectation of some travel each month for this position.
To apply, please send a cover***********************or, Educational Innovation in the subject line.