Executive Assistant/Officer Manager
Chabad of Kendall / Pinecrest / Friendship Circle
About Friendship Circle/Chabad (FC/C)
The Chabad of Kendall/Pinecrest offers religious services, community services and outreach, and operates the Friendship Circle of Miami – an outreach of the Chabad which provides one-of-a-kind, inclusive social and recreational programs for hundreds of children and adults with special needs. The Friendship Circle currently has more than 150 teenage volunteers and close to 150 children with special needs who benefit from 21 engagement programs, and is currently developing a new 20,000 square foot Campus.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager requires a highly responsible administrative professional who oversees general office operations and procedures, including managing organizational systems, maintaining equipment and systems and supporting staffing with meeting coordination. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small but growing office of diverse people and programs.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy, self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a love of Jewish heritage, familiarity with Jewish culture, knowledge of the local Jewish community, and experience in and dedication to promoting pluralistic values.
The Chabad's Friendship Circle currently has more than 150 teenage volunteers who serve as mentors and friends to 150 children with special needs. The FC/C is currently involved in an exciting community effort supported by the Children's Trust, Miami Dade County, the State of Florida and a wide range of prominent community leaders to expand its services and develop a new 20,000 square foot Friendship Circle Campus.
This position requires a well-organized and motivated individual that possesses excellent interpersonal skills both in a group setting and on an individual basis with volunteers, board members and families.
o Assist Rabbi Yossef Harlig, the Executive Director, with his daily schedule and duties, to include managing calendars, commitments, and other supporting arrangements.
o Support the Executive Director in his duties and outreach to the board of directors, donors, elected official and other key supporters.
o Provide general administrative support to the FC/Chabad team to include:
• Receiving and interacting with visitors;
• Answering and managing incoming calls;
• Arranging meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.);
• Drafting correspondence and presentations and supporting mailings;
• Providing support for all Chabad and Friendship Circle programs, including:
• Overseeing and updating databases and registrations, RSVP’s, forms and all information intake for programs, services and projects;
• Assisting with creating and updating all educational materials, handbooks, donation cards, and other materials;
o General office/facilities management duties to include:
• Liaise with facility vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
• Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed;
• Planning space allocations, layouts, and arranging for and supervising building maintenance;
• Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
Skills and Experience
• 5+ years administrative experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented office environment
• Demonstrated success in establishing and managing office operations and multiple priorities
• Customer service orientation to work both with internal and external clients and exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving skills
• Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday; must be accurate and conscientious
• Customer service orientation and ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform a wide variety of tasks; must be accurate and conscientious
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and Google Apps
• Proficiency with SalesForce a plus
• Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Friendship Circle
• Proficiency with online services such as MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, a plus.
• Proficiency with Social Media a plus.
• Must be familiar with Jewish Culture, traditions and heritage.
The salary for this position is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise, plus generous paid time off policy.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Full-time days and hours are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with occasional evening work during the school year, with compensatory time off provided.
Please submit your cover letter, salary requir*************************************e is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Friendship Circle encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.