Congregation Adat Reyim, a welcoming, caring, diverse, and inclusive synagogue, seeks an Office Assistant responsible for coordinating the congregation’s office tasks and duties.
The position requires a dependable, collaborative person, with strong administrative and organizational skills, who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must. The Office Assistant maintains well-organized office operations, and effectively communicates with staff, rabbi, board members, congregants, and contractors. The successful candidate will possess keen attention to detail, and a proven track record of self-direction and follow-through. The Office Assistant must demonstrate professionalism, and contribute to a positive work environment. Experience with non-profits preferred.
While our offices are not open in-person currently due to the pandemic, a large portion of these job responsibilities will be carried out virtually until we reopen.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
* Work collaboratively and respectfully with office staff, rabbi, Board of Directors, and congregants.
* Work with volunteers and staff to provide event support.
* Manage membership database.
* Assist with print and electronic communications, including updating and maintaining the congregation’s website and online calendar.
* Ensure the effective operation of all of the synagogue’s AV equipment, electronics, and computer equipment.
* Ensure the smooth operation of all of the congregation’s virtual events.
* Welcome visitors, and respond to calls and emails in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
* Serve as a liaison between the congregation and the community.
* Three or more years of administrative experience.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience with technology systems including website content management, such as ShulCloud; Customer Relationship Management; and on-line meeting platforms, such as Zoom; and proficiency in MS Office.
* Ability to learn and run with new software tools.
* Energy and enthusiasm for working for a nonprofit.
* Discretion in working with staff and volunteers.
* Attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Positive, collaborative work style.