The American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) supports the crucial efforts of Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center in Jerusalem. ASYV trains educators and professionals to promulgate the educational curriculum of Yad Vashem in the classroom and beyond, promotes Holocaust education and awareness by partnering with public schools and developing educational opportunities within and beyond the Jewish community. With the support of donors, ASYV is able to strengthen the efforts of Yad Vashem to work tirelessly to pass the torch of Holocaust remembrance to communities around the country and around the world.
The American Society for Yad Vashem seeks a Program Associate to provide the administrative backbone to its educational operation and initiatives. Successful candidates will have an appreciation and knowledge of Holocaust history as well as a willingness to develop a progressively deeper understanding of that history and of its ramifications. They will enjoy and thrive coordinating educational programs and events with partners and schools around the country.
Reporting to the Education Director, the Program Associate will be responsible for:
• Managing all arrangements for events, conferences (tracking attendees, material preparation, vendor management, speaker/instructor/presenter coordination);
• Researching and developing, grant applications and narratives, budgets and correspondence in coordination with the Director;
• Preparing educational materials for workshops, program and events;
• Performing a wide variety of administrative functions including, but not limited to researching and preparing materials for programs, maintaining department files, tracking program budgets, drafting grant reports, maintaining department calendar, and assisting with program evaluation;
• Updating ASYV website with educational content; and
• Maintaining data/systems including attendance records, pre- and post-program evaluations, documentation of presentations and displays, department budget and expense reports.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
• Previous experience in coordinating events, programs, or activities upward to 600+ attendees;
• Exemplary administrative and organizational skills, including accuracy, thoroughness, and meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent research skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and working proficiency with databases;
• Detail-oriented, with proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering assignments within stringent deadlines; and
• Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.