Mayyim Hayyim Director of Administration (full-time, Boston-based)
Position available immediately; please submit cover letter and*********************m embarks on its next strategic plan, we aim to transition from being a local organization to becoming a national one. This position delivers operational excellence on a daily basis for our team and the essential components of Mayyim Hayyim.
Mayyim Hayyim Living Waters Community Mikveh and Paula Brody & Family Education Center is a welcoming, innovative, growing, mission-driven organization with a newly formed national education center. Mayyim Hayyim also serves as the international hub of the Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network, developing innovative programming through a local “test kitchen” model serving the Jewish community of Greater Boston. Services include ritual immersion for traditional purposes and transitional life moments, educational programs, volunteer opportunities, conferences, and trainings.
Essential Job Functions may include:
• Calendar management and meeting scheduling
• Meeting preparation (compiling materials and tracking follow-through)
• Coordination with board of directors, managing administration, logistics, and follow-up for board and committees. Includes calendaring, preparing meeting minutes and monitoring action items
• Tracking correspondence, data, and follow-up
• Other assistance as needed
Site / Vendor Management
• Oversee physical site, office systems, and service contracts: IT, pool maintenance, HVAC, security, fire, cleaning staff, landscaping, copy machine, snow removal, etc.
• Manage relationships with external vendors including payroll/benefits provider and insurance agents
• Order and maintain inventory of office supplies
• Process and ship online orders
• Receive and unpack supply orders; ensure building is stocked with supplies as needed
• Liaise to outsourced service provider who manages and prepares all bookkeeping and financial reports using QuickBooks.
• Send weekly, monthly, and annual set of information and review reports for completeness and accuracy
• Assist in annual budgeting process
Donor Data Management
• Process online donations and maintain expense reporting
• Track and input program data and send related acknowledgement letters
• Maintain individual and organizational memberships and prepare and mail membership packets
• Other tasks as needed
Reports to the Mayyim Hayyim Chief Operations and Advancement Officer
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 3 – 5 years of relevant experience preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets and databases
• Team player – ability to take direction from multiple people
• Highly resourceful and taking pleasure in helping others
• Flexible – ability to juggle many priorities and willing to wear a lot of hats as an essential part of a small team
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
• Understanding of and interest in Mayyim Hayyim’s mission
• Detail-oriented, even in the midst of many tasks and competing priorities
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community preferred
• Experience in office or site management preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
The position includes a shared office with exclusive use of a computer, phone line, voicemail and desk. Office space is up one flight of stairs. Physical demands beyond typical office work include the management of the Mayyim Hayyim inventory of equipment and supplies.
While our staff is primarily working from home during the pandemic, applicants must be comfortable with some on-site work as needed. To learn more about how Mayyim Hayyim has adapted its operations during this time please visit www.mayyimhayyim.org/covid-19-reopening.
There is significant detail-oriented work. There are times when the work is fast-paced. The ability to handle stressful situations is important with multiple projects underway at the same time. The ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential.
The position entails working with deadlines and prioritizing different responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary range is between $45,000 - $52,000, assuming minimum requirements. For those who are eager and able to take on additional responsibilities, additional compensation may be possible. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, paid parental leave, Jewish and national holidays off, and the ability to leave early before Shabbat.
For more information about Mayyim Hayyim please visit mayyimhayyim.org and risingtideopenwaters.org.
Mayyim Hayyim explicitly seeks to build a diverse staff and candidates from communities who have been marginalized are particularly encouraged to apply.