Under the supervision of the Director, Russian Jewish Division (RJD), the Campaign Associate will work closely with Russian-speaking Jewish young adults throughout the Chicagoland area and provide social, cultural, and Jewish educational programming. This person will recruit new participants to RJD, assist the Director in planning, promoting and implementing programs for young professionals, students, and other community members, collaborate with other Russian-speaking/Jewish entities in the Chicagoland area; work with the Administrative Aide on maintaining RJD’s database and documentation, market RJD on social media and local Russian-speaking media, and act as a liaison to JUF and the larger Jewish community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Young Adult Outreach:
- Establish and maintain outreach to Russian-speaking Jewish young adults throughout the Chicagoland area by coming up with, planning, promoting, and implementing cultural and social programming, as well as, Jewish educational opportunities, volunteer opportunities, and Israel advocacy.
- Build outreach and services to meet community needs while ensuring that services are not duplicated.
- Advise leaders and volunteers, who help run and create activities, to assist in executing RJD and JUF vision and goals.
Promotion, Recruitment and Marketing:
- Promote RJD and JUF in the Russian-speaking Jewish community by collaborating with media groups (e.g., Facebook groups, Russian radio stations, Russian-speaking newspapers, etc.)
- Maintain RJD’s website, create fliers for programming, run Facebook and Instagram pages, conduct cross-promotion.
- Publish a monthly newsletter.
- Collaborate with JUF agencies and community organizations.
- Identify and recruit leaders and volunteers for RJD and JUF.
- Keep detailed records in Microsoft TEAMS and maintain RJD’s database in Salesforce.
- Attend RJD Advisory Board meetings and JUF staff meetings.
- Participate in regular supervision meetings and professional development throughout the year.
- Directly support JUF campaign integration on an ongoing basis in addition to mandatory campaign-related activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-4 years’ experience in professional or non-profit setting.
- Fluent in Russian and English.
- Strong understanding of Russian-speaking Jewish culture.
- Event planning experience essential.
- Outgoing and friendly personality is essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- MS Office suite, Facebook, and Instagram proficiency required.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule (evenings, weekends).
ABOUT RUSSIAN JEWISH DIVISION:
The Russian Jewish Division (RJD) is a community of young professionals and young families of former Soviet Union backgrounds. RJD provides a welcoming space to navigate the Jewish community, build friendships, and develop leadership skills. RJD serves as a resource for this population and engages the community by providing tailored programs and events.