Larchmont Temple is a warm, vibrant and inclusive Reform synagogue of 830 families in Larchmont, NY (about a ½ hour from New York City) dedicated to covenantal and innovative Jewish learning, social action and spiritual engagement.
We seek a full-time Youth Engagement and KESHER Program Coordinator to develop relationships and Jewish life for our children and youth. Our goal is for our young people to build a strong Jewish identity and commitment to engage in Jewish life.
The Youth Engagement and KESHER Program Coordinator will:
• Build personal relationships with the children and teens in our community. At times, this includes being available via social media.
• Serve as a positive role model, educator, and guide in the lives of our youth
• Advise the LarFTY Board, our senior Larchmont Temple Youth Group, and oversee their programs, projects and initiatives
• Serve as a mentor to our 65+ Madrichim who serve as youth leaders in our KESHER Education K – 5 program.
• Recruit and communicate on an ongoing basis with youth and parents
Build, Direct and Lead Programs
• Plan and implement events for LarFTY (as advisor to the board and working with the board). This includes but is not limited to monthly programs, an annual ski-trip, social action programs and more.
• Plan and implement events for Junior Youth in the synagogues (grades 4 and up)
• Plan, shape and lead LTeen Connects events for 8th and 9th grade as a member of the Education Team
• Plan and lead our 65+ Madrichim (Assistant Religious School Teacher) program
• Plan and lead youth trips such as our Confirmation L’Taken Trip, 11th and 12th Grade Southern Journey trip and more.
• Teach and coordinate in the upper grades of KESHER (LT’s Religious School)
• Help coordinate and support special programs such as the 4th and 5th grade retreat, holiday programs and other synagogue programs and initiatives
• The Temple at NFTY Regional and North American Events as well as community youth roundtables
• Be engaged in current Jewish youth work trends, models and innovations taking place in the field
• LarFTY leadership
• The Education and Temple Team
• Other area synagogues (conservative synagogue in town, other local Reform synagogues for joint programs and initiatives)
The right candidate is an outgoing self-starter who has energy, creativity, warmth, strong organizational and communication skills, and is a collaborative team player. We are looking for a person with experience in camp and/or other youth programs, religious school teaching, or other relevant settings who can connect with youth both as a mentor as an advisor.
The Youth Engagement and KESHER Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Education, Youth and Families. This is a full-time position spanning 10 – 10 ½ months closely corresponding to the academic school year. There is an opportunity to become a URJ CLASP Fellow, which makes the position year-round, with time spent at a URJ Camp or summer program. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Rabbi Eve Rudin, Director of Education, ***************************