For the 2021-2022 School Year:
Beit Rabban Day School is an innovative, non-denominational Jewish school on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Beit Rabban thoughtfully combines progressive education with an emphasis on deep Jewish learning, intellectual rigor and child-centered learning. Our preschool is Reggio-Emilia inspired and heavily influenced by constructivist education, with a complete integration of Judaic and secular learning. One teacher in each preschool classroom is a Native Hebrew speaker who speaks to the children exclusively in Hebrew.
· Work with co-teacher in planning and implementing learning experiences in all subject areas.
· Support the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of all students.
· Lead Hebrew instruction through songs, games, movement, stories and targeted learning experiences with the support of the Hebrew director.
· Create an immersive Hebrew environment by speaking in Hebrew throughout the day.
· Make learning visible with daily communication to parents.
· Experience working with young children
· Degree in related field
· Native Hebrew speaker
· Preference will be given to candidates with some of the following strengths: Experience in the classroom, strong writing skills, coursework in education or child psychology/developement
· Must be a lifelong learner and an out-of-the-box thinker, a hard worker with a positive attitude and a reflective practitioner.
· Must be values-aligned with Beit Rabban, including a deep passion for Jewish life and learning and a commitment to facilitating open-minded discourse.
To apply, send a resum********************** “[Your Name]: Preschool Hebrew Teacher Application.”