Rochelle Zell Jewish High School, Deerfield, IL
Director of Student Activities
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School is searching for an energetic and innovative Director of Student Activities who will lead the informal curriculum of the school. The Director of Student Activities will be a 50% position, which can become full-time, for example, by teaching in the Jewish Studies Department or if the candidate works in the marketing department of the school. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader in Jewish summer camps or youth groups.
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School creates a culture of academic excellence that inspires our students to think critically and achieve their full potential, while preparing them to live Judaism as responsible and involved citizens in the modern world. The school is affiliated with Prizmah and draws from Jewish students across the denominational spectrum and from twenty unique communities.
The Director of Student Activities will:
• Work with the Rabbi in Residence to promote the student-centered ethos of the school, one where we seek to create meaningful Jewish
experiences and genuine relationships among members of all four grades
• Supervise student club life, working with faculty advisors to ensure that every student finds an outlet in school life outside of the
• Advise and work closely with Va’ad HaStudentim (Student Government) to represent students and serve as liaison to administration
• Empower students to be their best selves and grow as leaders
• Be a club advisor for various clubs, as needed
• Help to coordinate school-wide programs, such as the week of Chanukah festivities, the homecoming pep-rally, dances, Shabbatonim, Yom
HaAtzmaut, and Purim.
• Be a Jewish role model for our students
• Work with the Jewish Studies department to facilitate our daily minyanim
• Have strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School offers a warm and supportive working environment. We provide support and mentoring for new faculty members, as well as extensive professional development opportunities.