Job openings NOW! Be a part of our teaching team!
Signing bonus paid after 6 months of successful employment!
Do you believe preschool children learn best while playing?
Do you enjoy creating fun environments where children can explore?
Are you willing to get messy and dirty?
Are you a compassionate, caring person who can help children become problem solvers and thinkers?
Gan Haverim Preschool in Davis is looking for preschool teachers to join our team.
Come work in a preschool where you will be respected and valued by the parents and families.
Our program uses play-based philosophy with mixed age groups. We are known for and strive to offer a kind, loving environment for our children and families where everyone feels welcome.
Applicants must have the 12 core ECE/HD units that licensing requires to be a qualified preschool teacher.
Demonstrate understanding of child growth and development and various learning modalities.
The ability to work positively and respectfully with young children, manage a classroom of mixed age students and work cooperatively with team of teachers.
Develop curriculum and lesson planning for the classroom, with a balance between child-initiated and teacher directed activities in both small group and whole group instruction.
Support the whole child by focusing on language, cognitive skills, physical skills and social-emotional development in a play-based educational model.
Cooperatively maintain the classroom in an orderly and attractive manner to ensure the healthy growth and development of all children.
Understanding of Community Care Licensing Regulations
Experience with or knowledge of play-based, emergent or Reggio Emilia philosophy required.
We are looking for teachers with a passion for the possibilities of teaching children and creating powerful environments to support learning and exploration, a commitment to playfulness, gentle discipline and providing children with endless opportunities to explore. A willingness to expand expertise in the field through reading articles, attendance of monthly staff meetings, conferences and workshops on Early Childhood Education and/or Jewish life.
Job duties and tasks would include
* Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
* Maintain ongoing communications with parents through daily interactions.
* Coordinate daily responsibilities with other teaching staff.
* Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities using play-based approach.
* Show acceptance, respect and compassion towards all children and families.
* Learn about the Jewish holidays in order to share information with the children and/or families.
* Request and inventory classroom materials and supplies.
* Help to maintain the classroom and play yard environment with daily cleaning.
* Other duties as assigned by preschool director and/or head teacher
CPR certification, TB clearance, updated immunizations and fingerprint clearance must be completed before starting job.
COVID 19 protocol includes daily health and temperature check of all children upon arrival. Teaching staff to wear masks all day, children to wear masks while indoors. Increased cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.