Inspire and connect the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Jewish community to Israel as an Israel Engagement Associate (IEA). In collaboration with staff and student leadership you will craft an educational program exploring how Israel impacts Jewish Identity. Integral to the program will be a focus on supporting students through the experience. By fostering personal relationships you will offer a variety of opportunities to work with students to process new information and their reactions to it without judgement. Additionally, you will work with the UMBC Hillel staff to advance the vision and mission of the organization on campus and in the Baltimore Metro Jewish community.
UMBC Hillel staff are employees of The Associated Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore. This position will report to the Executive Director of UMBC Hillel.
What You've Accomplished
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree; prior professional experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with young adults and an approachable, dynamic, and engaging personality with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in order to reach goals.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Ability to empower others to create their own curated Jewish experiences.
- An entrepreneurial energy to everything you do, thinking strategically, creatively and “BIG.”
- The capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and adjusting on the fly.
- A team-oriented approach to work while still being a self-starter, a strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from a variety of situations.
- A passion for Israel and for building pluralistic Jewish communities by creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment.
- Prior travel experience in Israel and facilitating groups preferred.
What You’ll Receive
- Great professional and personal development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities and a network of terrific colleagues from across the Hillel movement.
- Domestic and international travel opportunities.
- UMBC Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending - Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- The salary range for this position is $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience.
About UMBC Hillel
UMBC Hillel is The Associated’s program for facilitating relationships with the Jewish community at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). We strive to foster an atmosphere of exploration of Jewish identity for students while building relationships with faculty and staff of the university. Our engagement strategy enriches a student’s Jewish identity through fun and meaningful programs on-campus as well as rich online engagement. Through social media and WhatsApp we share the Torah of UMBC Hillel through original content that aims to meet students where they are on their Jewish journey. Additionally, we collaborate with other local and national partners to expand opportunities for student involvement and give students a taste of what Jewish community has to offer post college. UMBC hosts an undergraduate population of 13,000+ and we estimate that around 10% of the student body identifies as Jewish.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
UMBC Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.