Join the Texas Hillel team as our part-time Operations Associate, and play a key role in ensuring the day-to-day systems of our facility and program run smoothly in support of our work with students and the community. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will work closely with our nine-person staff in a variety of areas of operational management. This position is half-time (20 hours per week), with the schedule of hours being negotiable.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee Accounts Payable and process reimbursements, invoices, bills, and track receipts
- Manage Expensify and credit card accounts
- Track and set operational budget categories.
- Produce financial reports for Jewish Student Life and Development teams as needed.
- Work with our outsourced bookkeeping company on monthly checklists to ensure smooth accounting and reporting processes.
Facility Management + Building/Office Operations
- Coordinate vendor communication and management and maintain vendor relationships
- Coordinate repair and maintenance to keep the building presentable, secure, and in good condition
- Manage Texas Hillel facility rentals
- Maintain the Texas Hillel Outlook Master Calendar and event check-in system
- Coordinate with kashrut supervising agency on needs for programs, Shabbat, and holidays.
- Maintain compliance with insurance policies
- Manage parking lot assignments and rentals with AirGarage
- Track and order office and facility supplies
- Coordinate event and rental coverage with security partners.
- Coordinate staff security training
- Respond to building alarms as needed.
- Assist Senior Staff with large scale security projects
- Replenish supplies for First Aid Kits, Trauma Kits, and AED cabinet
- Maintain minutes for Board of Directors (quarterly), Executive Committee (monthly), and Endowment Committee (yearly) meetings
- Manage operations for Board of Directors meetings and annual retreat.
Other Duties as Assigned, including, but not limited to:
- Meet weekly with Texas Hillel’s Logistics Intern
- Assist with new staff onboarding
- Book travel for conferences and events
- Program support as needed and as determined in conjunction with the Executive Director (Shabbat, High Holidays, Passover)
- Help Texas Hillel’s Israel Fellow with operational needs
- Serve on the party planning committee (if that’s your cup of tea!)
What You’ve Accomplished
- 1 - 3 of years in operations, fundraising, or event planning
- Associate Degree or higher required
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep organized and manage time effectively and efficiently
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential and sensitive data and information.
- Comfort with Quickbooks
- Desire to work in a nonprofit and educational setting
- Strong skills in Excel
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit. Things may not always go according to plan, but you must be willing to take risks and learn from your wins as well as your losses.
- Creative problem-solving, proactive communication, and collaboration.
- Spanish and/or Hebrew are a plus, but not required
- Basic understanding of Kashrut a plus, but not required.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this part-time role is $18,000-$23,000 (20 hours per week).
- Vacation and medical leave, retirement benefit.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Flexible Hours
- Fun work environment
- Plenty of Hillel swag
About Texas Hillel Foundation
Texas Hillel at The University of Texas at Austin was founded in 1927 and has a long history of community service and programmatic innovation, serving approximately 3,000 Jewish students in the Austin area. The Topfer Center for Jewish Life at the Abe & Annie Seibel building was opened in 2006 and hosts a full array of award-winning student groups and events. Governed by a statewide board of directors, Texas Hillel enjoys strong partnerships with the UT Austin campus and community organizations. Long recognized by Hillel International and The University of Texas at Austin for innovation, Texas Hillel is adjacent to the UT-Austin campus and enjoys a strong partnership with The University and the wider Jewish community.
Recently named the #1 city to live in, Austin is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Austin has a young and mobile Jewish community of approximately 20,000. Much of the community’s Jewish life is centered at the Dell Jewish Community Campus in Northwest Hills, including three synagogues, the JCC, a community day school, Federation and subsidiaries. Austin is the live musical capital of the world, home to SXSW, Austin City Limits and more. Located in the geographic center of the state, Austin is 200 miles from Dallas and 170 miles from Houston. It offers the amenities of a large city with a distinct flavor that makes Austin unique. Austin is the capital of Texas, and UT-Austin is the flagship campus of the UT System with 50,000 students.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders. Texas Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.