We are seeking a house director to live in the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house at Cornell University and help oversee some of the day-to-day aspects of housing operations. Alpha Epsilon Pi is the world's Jewish college fraternity and it's members are young Jews from all over the world. In addition to the philanthropic, brotherhood, and social opportunities commonly found in Greek organizations, Alpha Epsilon Pi provides a unique environment where young Jewish men can learn about and participate in Judaism and what it means to be Jewish through events ranging from Shabbos Across AEPi, to building a sukkah, to engaging with the campus community in order to organize a We Walk To Remember event.
The ideal candidate is pursuing a graduate or other higher education degree. We are also interested in individuals that are highly organized and have experience working with college students. Any handyman type skills are a bonus. Individuals who are currently pursuing a bachelors degree are not eligible for this position.
• Maintain a relationship with the chapter that will promote a healthy living environment.
• Encourage responsible conduct in the chapter, foster an awareness of university regulations, assist in developing standards for the living environment for the chapter facility, and work in cooperation with the chapter officers, the International Office of Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, Inc., and Esponda Associates, Inc.
• Understand the Health and Safety policies of Esponda Associates, Inc., Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, Inc. and of the University.
• Encourage and stimulate the leadership of the chapter officers and chapter members.
• Encourage and promote academic achievement.
• Attend all scheduled training seminars and meetings as required by the University.
• Conduct Move-In/Move-Out Inspections and deliver a report within 48 hours to Esponda Associates, Inc.
• Oversee key distribution and collection at the opening and closing of the house for the term of the academic year.
• Provide monthly reports on the status of the facility and chapter including any damage done during the previous month.
• In case of incident, report such cases to the proper authorities including, but not limited to local emergency services, university, Esponda Associates, Inc., and Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, Inc. International Headquarters immediately.
• Be aware of the operation of the chapter and the physical condition of the facility. Bring substandard conditions that may endanger the health or safety of members and guest to the attention of Esponda Associates, Inc. immediately.
• Serve as a liaison between the chapter, Esponda Associates, Inc., the Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, Inc. International Headquarters, alumni, and parents.