SketchPad is seeking a dynamic, determined, detail-oriented dynamo to serve as interim Director for our shared work space and vibrant Jewish community. This person will be responsible for day-to-day management and operations, with a passion for nurturing our spiritual, professional, Jewish innovation hub. This position will be best filled by a truly flexible individual, capable of managing space and membership logistics, implementing events and programs, marketing to potential members, space renters and donors, and engaging and communicating with members and the broader Jewish community. In addition, this person will provide logistical support for a planned move at the end of July.
Responsibilities are divided into three main areas of focus:
Space Management and Business Operations – As the central point of contact, you will ensure that SketchPad is a functional and welcoming space for members and guests. You will:
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations - office systems, space and technology maintenance needs, troubleshooting and liaison with vendors
- Manage and maintain CRM systems
- Manage financials within the approved budget, bill payment, payroll and liaison with accountant
- Manage all membership operations including new member inquiries, agreements, onboarding and invoicing
- Manage program space inquiries, tours, rentals, and scheduling
- Develop new work practices and processes to improve SketchPad’s operations
- Manage pilot program for shared services including marketing and human resources o Evaluate and make recommendations for expanding shared services
Office Transition – As SketchPad gears up for a move to a new location, you will work with internal committee(s) and a project management consultant to:
- Develop and manage budget for the transition
- Manage the planning of space needs for each member organization
- Put in place protocols for safely opening the new space and returning to the office • Develop and prepare welcome packets; distribute keys; schedule/lead tours of new space • Develop and implement internal and external communication plan for office transition • Work with vendors to ensure smooth transition
Programming and Community Development – We pride ourselves on being more than a work space. You will work with the board, members, volunteers, and identify individual and organizational partners to:
- Manage planning and implementation of community programs and events. These should be BOTH internal opportunities for current members and outward-facing events for Chicago’s diverse Jewish community.
- Plan and implement professional development opportunities
- Provide regular Jewish learning opportunities; Observe the Jewish calendar • Develop and maintain a communications plan to:
- Maintain website and social media
- Deliver regular communication (emails, newsletters, etc.) to membership and the broader community, with an eye toward attracting potential members, space rentals and donors
- Update and maintain printed materials, including internal documents and marketing collateral
What We Are Looking For:
- Fantastic customer service ethic - warm, friendly, sense of humor, and community-oriented
- Strong project management skills - highly organized and process-oriented but also flexible and skilled at problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google productivity suite
- Event planning and management experience
- Marketing and design experience preferred
- Familiarity with Chicago’s Jewish community and Jewish nonprofit organizations
- 3-5 years experience as Executive Director or comparable roles
What We Offer:
SketchPad is not just a place to work, but a vibrant community of Jewish organizations and professionals doing inspiring work. This position is perfect for anyone wanting to learn about the Jewish nonprofit world by immersing in it.
This is an interim position for 6 months with potential opportunity for extending the role. Salary range for 6 months is $30,000 - $40,000, depending on experience.
We encourage applicants from varied backgrounds including race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, sexual orientation, ability, and religion.