The Senior Legal Assistant provides essential administrative support to a fast paced legal department. The position reports to the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. This position offers the wonderful opportunity to liaise with UJA-Federation attorneys and staff, all while supporting the work of the largest local philanthropy.
- Scheduling meetings, coordinating meeting attendance and coordinating remote access to meetings.
- Managing, composing, and typing routine correspondence.
- Receiving and reading, routing, and prioritizing mail.
- Distributing informational material for meetings.
- Handling heavy volume of telephone traffic and being able to respond to inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintaining the general counsel’s extremely busy calendar and schedule various meetings as needed.
- File management both on the computer and hard copy.
- Maintaining departmental logs.
- Receiving and processing invoices and check requests.
- Special projects as requested.
- Drafting and editing memoranda and other documents.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- B.A. degree and prior executive administrative experience.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written/grammar skills; excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to maintain an effective filing system.
- Detail-oriented while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment and having the flexibility to shift priorities quickly.
- Team player.
- Ability to take notes and prepare drafts of meeting minutes.