Early Childhood Jewish Studies & Hebrew Teacher
Bernard Zell is an independent Jewish day school for the 21st century where academic purpose, collaborative learning, and deep commitment to humanity develop engaged, confident learners and compassionate leaders for a stronger, more vibrant community and world. A pluralistic community day school, Bernard Zell welcomes students and families of varied levels of religious observance. The school combines Jewish learning and tradition with the best of innovative educational practice in a challenging and nurturing learning environment.
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School is seeking an experienced, innovative, and energetic Early Childhood teacher to join our expert faculty beginning in the fall of 2021. The teacher would be one of two Early Childhood Jewish educators and part of the Early Childhood team, working primarily in Nursery and Junior Kindergarten, that includes general studies and Jewish studies faculty.
• Foster and contribute to a diverse, pluralistic Jewish community
• Differentiate instruction for a wide range of students’ abilities and interests
• Communicate regularly with parents via online updates, phone calls, and/or e-mail
• Write and share narrative reports three times during the school year
• Collaborate with Learning/Social Work Services and outside specialists to coordinate individual educational plans
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent; master’s degree preferred
• At least two (2) years of early childhood experience
• Comprehensive Jewish literacy - e.g. Parshat Ha-Shavua, holidays, Shabbat, mitzvot, Israel
• Experience with Jewish experiential learning for young children
• Hebrew fluency preferred
• Experience with the organic integration of Hebrew in early childhood experiences
• Knowledge of Reggio Emilia-inspired/constructivist philosophy and approach
• Experience with Responsive Classroom
• Ability to embrace technology and new ways of extending students' learning and creative capacities; knowledge of interactive whiteboard technology and iPads preferred
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and administration to support and extend the objectives of the curriculum
• Experience providing a nurturing, creative, and inclusive environment for students creating a strong classroom community
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of and experience with the cognitive, social, and emotional issues of children
• Willingness to learn and grow professionally
How to Apply
If interested, please send resum***************************ther benefits, Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School offers Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, as well as 403(B) retirement account with employer match. As a condition of employment, all applicants must successfully pass a criminal background screening. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School has a long-standing policy of equal employment opportunity for every person regardless of age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, or citizenship.
Bernard Zell recruits, hires and promotes individuals without regard to these characteristics, and all staffing decisions are based solely on the qualifications of each individual and the legitimate educational needs of our students.
The school does not discriminate in working conditions, physical facilities or any other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, including transfer, compensation, training, promotion, demotion or separation based on age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry or citizenship. Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School seeks to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, and harassment based on any of these or other characteristics.