About the Manager, Donor Operations position:
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Operations, the Manager, Donor Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of donor operations support for Federation’s fundraising efforts. The Manager, Donor Operations will oversee a team of professionals responsible for 1) the activities needed to fully support the operations of campaign including managing a campaign operations timeline, pledge processing, assembling campaigner material, and supporting event tasks 2) the activities needed to fully support donor relations activities including donor acknowledgements, donor preferences, and responding to donor inquiries, 3) the activities needed to fully support the operations of the billing and collections areas including producing and sending out bills, adjustments to accounts, assisting with materials needed for collections efforts. The Manager, Donor Operations is responsible for ensuring work is carried out in an organized, timely, and high-quality manner as well as identifying opportunities to maximize the department’s effectiveness, efficiencies, and overall workflow.
The Manager, Donor Operations will work in partnership with the Campaign, Fiscal, Application Development, and Data Stewardship teams to align all systems that support Donor Operations.
1. Lead and supervise a team responsible for providing donor operations support to Federation fundraising efforts.
2. Serve as the key operations liaison to campaign and meet regularly with core campaign staff and management to ensure alignment and that their needs are supported.
3. Oversee the daily entry, ongoing processing, and accuracy of all donor transactions in Federation’s CRM (BBEC) including pledges, adjustments, and cancellations.
4. Ensure that all solicitor and donor materials are accurately prepared and printed in support of campaign and campaign events (Super Sunday, telemarketing efforts, Campaign Opening and Closing, fundraisers, mailings, etc.)
5. Manage the operational and data processes of campaign, including pledge cards, solicitor assignments, and post-campaign data clean-up.
6. Oversee the processing of all donor correspondence including donor acknowledgements and tributes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
Billing and Collections
1. Manage the billing and collection activities of the Federation in close coordination with the Fiscal department.
2. Develop and manage an agreed-upon billing schedule and ensure billing is sent out in accordance to this schedule.
3. Manage the donor inquiry hotline, developing standards for optimal customer service.
4. Support the donor collections process, including running special collection campaigns, processing pledge cancellations, and report development.
5. Manage the process of coding and producing appropriate billing and payment letters per individual donor preference.
Project Management, Planning, and Coordination
1. Collaborate with the applications development team, data stewardship team, or other related teams on data quality, BBEC enhancement, and campaign related projects.
2. Foster relationship with other departments to identify opportunities for improvements to donor operations.
3. Define and scope improvement projects.
4. Create and maintain documentation for all donor operation processes.
5. Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
6. Evaluate and refresh our donor services processes as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 3-4 years of experience managing a donor operations center or related job experience.
3. Experience working with a complex fundraising, donor management, or enterprise CRM system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
This position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual able to work under multiple deadlines and supervisors.
1. Demonstrated organization, problem-solving, troubleshooting and workflow skills.
2. High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
3. High moral character to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
4. Ability to work independently, prioritize and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously while consistently meeting short deadline situations and maintaining composure.
5. Demonstrated experience supervising others.
6. Strong customer service, exercising poise, tact and diplomacy.
7. Strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse personalities.
8. High level written and verbal communication skills.