Main Line Reform Temple, a vibrant Reform congregation on the Main Line, seeks an administrative/data management assistant needed for our friendly, warm and busy office. Job responsibilities will include general office support functions including detailed record keeping, document preparation, maintaining the synagogue calendar, and assisting with correspondence from the Clergy, Executive Director and Senior Staff. This is a full-time position and includes receptionist responsibilities as needed.
The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, communicate well with the synagogue membership, have strong organizational skills, good phone etiquette and knowledge of office software, including Microsoft Office and Zoom.
Other general administrative support functions will include, but are not limited to:
• Detailed tracking and entry of data pertaining to membership, religious school, life-cycle events, committees and religious school.
• Coordinating the MLRT calendar of services, meeting, programs and events
• Filing, faxing, photocopying.
• Tracking incoming donations and provide timely acknowledgements.
• Ensure timely mailing of daily outgoing mail.
• Front Desk Reception, including answering/directing incoming communications (phone, mail, email), managing the front door, receiving walk-in visitors, providing timely responses to inquiries/requests.
• Be the first welcoming voice/face to members and potential new members.
• Assist members with questions and requests as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
• We are looking for a self-starter who is able to multi-task, work in a team and is computer proficient and extremely detailed oriented.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or at least three years of experience working in administration, event support, communications, or data management.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Constant Contact (or other email software) required.
• Knowledge of ShulCloud (or other CRM system) and synagogue operations preferred, but not required.
• Stellar customer service and interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact with all types of individuals calling and coming into the office at all times.
• Works well under occasional pressure.
• Able to prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines and performance expectations.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully working with individuals and collaboratively in groups.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Professional, diplomatic, and discreet with confidential matters.
• Knowledgeable about synagogue life, Judaism, Jewish holidays and life-cycle events a plus.
• Experience working with lay board and committee members a plus.
You are perfect for this position if:
• You enjoy people and have good ‘people skills’.
• You are comfortable with technology.
• You can laugh when things get stressful.
• You take initiative and are also comfortable asking for help.
• You are flexible and can also keep a lot of balls in the air at once.
• You like to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
• Health insurance
• Paid holidays
• Generous vacation and sick days.