Job No: 495515
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: YU High School for Girls
Location: YU High School for Girls, 86-86 Palo Alto Street, Holliswood, NY
Categories: Academic Administration
The Educational Administrator position at Central is a year-round, administrative position reporting directly to the Head of School. The Educational Administrator is responsible for all day to day responsibilities for the high school.
• Work collaboratively with the Head of School on the master schedule
• Oversee the AP/Regents Coordinator in all aspects of testing
• Ensure that all students have met of their academic requirements each year
• Ensure accuracy of report cards and progress reports
• Work collaboratively with the Dean of Students, Dean of Academics, and Director of College Guidance in all areas of academics and support
• Coordinate student awards and scholarships
• Responsible for managing and reviewing student information in ALMA & Schoology
• Review and edit language of emails/communications to ensure they are aligned with school messaging and philosophy
• Maintain all aspects of school and student records, including:
• Academic files
• Parental releases
• Admissions files
• Course schedule, student registration and class lists
• Course enrollment, course changes, and schedule changes
• Student grades, progress reports, and report cards
• Transcripts, diplomas
• Execute various responsibilities with the YUHS dinner and scholarship campaign
• Independently edit confidential correspondence with parents, faculty and upper administration
Experience & Educational Background:
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
Skills & Competencies:
• Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize responsibilities
• Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately
• Excellent communication skills to deal with emotional and/or confidential situations.
• Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
• Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees
• Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
• Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action
• Effectively manages own time and resources
• Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
• Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to become proficient in additional technical systems
• Proficiency in spoken and written Hebrew
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
To apply, visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.