WHAT MAKES THE J STAND OUT
At the JCC Denver, we support and empower individuals and families in our community by offering a diverse range of programming in a safe, inclusive environment. Key elements of our offerings include:
• Fitness Center, Aquatics, Tennis
• Family Programs
• Youth Programs and Camps
• Early Learning School
• Jewish Life
• Mizel Arts & Culture Center
By the Numbers
• 980 campers attend Camp Shai and Ranch Camp every year
• 2,000 members work out at the fitness center and swim at our pools
• 130 kids attend the Early Learning School every year
• 8,000 people attend events and festivals hosted by the JCC Mizel Arts and Culture Center
• $10mm in annual revenue
Serving the community for 100 years
Details of all our programs can be found at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx .
The Board of Directors of the Staenberg - Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) seeks a “next century” leader who can ensure the organization is set up as a successful and thriving Jewish Community Center for generations to come. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will bring inspirational leadership to provide an inclusive and welcoming community center for all who come through our doors at the JCC Denver and Mizel Arts and Culture Center.
The CEO, along with the Board of Directors, is the principal advocate for the organization's mission, vision and values, and is responsible for the organization’s strategic vision and direction, revenue generation and fundraising, financials and operations, program delivery and outreach efforts. The CEO thinks and plans strategically and inspires community members to engage in the programs offered at the JCC Denver. The CEO works in partnership with and under the direction and supervision of the Board of Directors.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
Leading the JCC Denver and the Mizel Arts and Culture Center into its next chapter and century of impact requires a proven, dynamic, visionary executive who is committed to finding innovative methods of strengthening this vital community resource while preserving its historical traditions that anchor the organization to the community and its residents.
Judaism and its values permeate our work, our decisions, and our commitments. As such, qualified candidates are not required to be Jewish, but need to demonstrate their personal alignment with and commitment to these values and our faith traditions.
Specifically, qualified candidates for this leadership role will have a background in these areas:
Strategic Leadership & Innovation
The CEO for our JCC Denver embraces our mission to serve, strengthen, and inspire community guided by timeless Jewish values.
This mission is brought to life through education programs, dynamic fitness offerings, cultural and Jewish heritage showcases, and the JCC Denver’s unwavering commitment to serving all people who walk through our doors, in-person or virtually, with excellence and respect.
The CEO has some understanding of at least one of our service areas (fitness, youth education, early childhood care and education, Jewish heritage, or culture and arts) and has a commitment to providing leadership in the Jewish community. We seek a leader who knows how to develop and implement a clear strategic vision with key stakeholder support.
Additionally, candidates have:
• Experience in developing synergistic, collaborative approaches to problems
• Experience in driving organizational growth and effective change management
• High degree of empathy and demonstrated ability with EQ
• Demonstrated understanding of how to build effective business models
• Proven skills in working with a volunteer, governing board
• Knowledge of and commitment to delivering consistently high-quality customer service
Communications & Partnerships
A hallmark of the JCC’s work has been our ability to embed ourselves broadly in the metro Denver community in myriad ways. Our CEO must understand and confirm that core aspect of our work and have proven experience in developing long-term partnering relationships with community members, educators, government representatives, faith-based leaders and institutions, other nonprofit organizations, and business leaders.
The JCC Denver’s long-term success depends on our CEO’s demonstrated ability to cultivate long-term relationships with corporate, foundation, and individual donors and to inspire confidence of these different investors to support the innovative programs we develop.
Additionally, candidates have:
• Outstanding ability to build credibility with various stakeholders through written, oral, formal, and informal communications
• Natural affinity for developing and sustaining long-term relationships
• Appreciation for and understanding of how to build long-term philanthropic support
Operations & Management
The CEO has proven experience in directing effective organization growth with skills in change management, staff management and development, financial management. Our leader knows how to partner with a governing board to add optimal value to the organization. The CEO will have developed leadership skills in a corporate, nonprofit, or public agency environment.
Additionally, candidates have:
• Strong skills in change management, staff management and development, and financial
• Significant experience in managing professional, senior staff members and supporting their effective growth and development
• Experience in adjusting to unexpected circumstances, challenges, and events
• Experience in developing a collaborative, inclusive culture that fosters continuous improvement and accountability
Successful candidates for this role will have these personal qualities:
• Action-oriented and drives accountability for outcomes
• Fosters continuous improvement with strong organization skills and a problem-solving attitude
• Flexible, creative and empathetic
• Willing to try new approaches and values innovation
• Some knowledge of Denver and its distinct culture and demographics would be helpful in this role
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $200,000 – $250,000 commensurate with skills and experience. Additionally, this full-time position is benefits-eligible. The JCC Denver contributes a portion of medical, dental and vision plan premiums and pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. There are additional voluntary benefit plans available. The JCC Denver has a 401(K) Plan available for elective deferral contributions for employees over 21 years of age, with no waiting period. Paid Time Off is a day-one benefit, accrued based on years of service and in compliance with the Colorado Healthy Families & Workplaces Act.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are excited about the opportunity to provide vision and leadership for the next chapter of the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center, we want to hear from you as soon as possible. Please send your cover letter, CV or resume, and salary requirements to Carolyn McCormick of Peak ***************************************ewish Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JCC Denver does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|