The part-time (15 hours per week) Marketing and Communications Associate will work closely with Temple Akiba’s Executive Director in coordinating, facilitating, and developing all marketing and communication content and strategies for Temple Akiba. This position will be the primary person creating emails, social media posts, web content, and flyers. Temple Akiba’s Marketing and Communication Associate will have a role in creating new and innovative marketing and communication to our current members, as well as in our recruitment of new members. In addition, this position will have a role in ensuring that the Temple’s branding is consistent in all forms of communication.
Essential Position Responsibilities
• Create and manage Temple’s online presence including email marketing, weekly communication to members, website, and other social media platform management
• Coordinate with all departments to ensure consistency of messaging and branding throughout all Temple Akiba’s marketing and communications
• Provide marketing and communication support to the Temple's fund development, membership, and programming events and initiatives
• Develop content, and implement a Social media strategy including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Oversee and update the Website
• Create flyers, posters, and banners, and work with the Executive Director and appropriate Board Member to create the Temple Bulletin
• Work as part of the team to achieve the goals established in the Marketing and Membership Benchmark Action Plans
• Work with the Executive Director to target and pursue new marketing opportunities to increase public awareness of Temple Akiba.
• Assist department directors in their plans and assist in developing new methods for marketing programs and events
• Maintain the highest quality of courtesy, friendliness and service excellence toward members, visitors, and staff
• Understand and support the Temple Akiba’s mission and values
• Work effectively with all staff members