Milton Gottesman Jewish Day School of the Nation's Capital an independent, community Jewish day school serving students from Pre-k through 8th grade.is looking for an Executive Assistant for our Head of School.
• Managing and maintaining the Head of School’s calendar – coordinating activities and agendas, scheduling meetings and appointments, travel and work time, etc;
• Work closely with our Head of School and the administration to ensure the success of the school’s mission and vision
• Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors.
• Work closely with the HOS to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the HOS and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Leadership Team.
• Coordinate last minute coverage for teacher’s who are absent.
• Coordinating catering needs for School-wide or Head of School events as needed;
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the HOS, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
• Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response
• Exhibit strong organizational skills and ability to handle confidential
information with complete discretion, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response Coordinate special events and projects initiated by the Head of School
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
• Warm, welcoming and positive demeanor
• Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and G Suite (Google Docs, Calendar, Slides, Drive, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors.
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
• Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
• Knowledge of Hebrew and Jewish culture a plus