Position and Organization
An exciting opportunity for a motivated professional with customer service and coordinating skills to help with Events (both in-house and external) at the Center. The Engagement coordinator will also work closely as apart of a team alongside the Engagement Director and Engagement Associate. Other tasks will include help with Membership and Fundraising.
Opened in 2019 located at 82nd Street and Lexington Avenue, the Moise Safra Center’s 65,000 square foot building is a vertical campus of 14 stories with dedicated venues for social, recreational, educational, and wellness activities for all ages, and more importantly for worship and Jewish study. The facility includes a pool, fitness center, synagogue, culinary, dance and yoga studios, elegant banquet spaces with an outdoor terrace and views of the whole city. This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to help with a vibrant growing community in a sophisticated urban setting.
- Actively seek out clients and organizations to rent the many spaces at the Moise Safra Center.
- Show the Center’s space to potential clients.
- Ensure all contracts with the Center are signed and executed.
- Work with internal staff to coordinate the set up and breakdown of each event including timelines, checklists, etc…
- Coordinate with outside vendors on delivery times, set up, breakdown, and exit times, such as florists, musicians, etc…
- Coordinate with programming staff and Synagogue to ensure that there is no overlap between programming and other events.
- Help support the programming and synagogue with large ticketed events such as Jewish holidays.
- Setting up and giving tours, following-up with potential members and owning the potential member database.
- Responsible for handling Members and Member questions, concerns and feedback
- Assist with the coordination of fundraising events throughout the year
- Work on Grant proposals as part of Fundraising
- Help with membership and fundraising databases (Quattro) and working closely with marketing, programming and synagogue.
- Working with the team on invoices, thank you notes and tax documents
• Strong organizational and computer skills
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional environment. Preferably in a not-for-profit institution.
• Experience coordinating events
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the Moise Safra Center.
• Working knowledge of Jewish laws and traditions
• Quick learner and creative thinker
• Works well under pressure
• Positive nature and strong team player