Temple Beth Hillel, a Reform synagogue with 450 member units in the Los Angeles area, seeks to hire a full-time (approx 30 hr/week) Youth and Family Program Coordinator. Our Religious School mission is to have Jewish life play a rich and vital role in the lives of both our students and their families. We strive to fulfill this mission through song and prayer, art and dance, laughter and joy, field trips and dialogues, friendships and memories. Building a sense of Jewish community among our students is also an important goal.
The Youth and Family Program Coordinator is responsible for executing and implementing youth and family programming for the congregation, assisting with the administration of the Religious School, creating and maintaining communications with students and families, and maintaining lists, budgets and schedules. The Youth and Family Program Coordinator, is a part-time position up to 30 hours a week, with the potential to become a full-time, benefits eligible employee, will report to the Director of Congregational Learning.
Samples of duties may include the following:
1. Program Responsibilities
• Develop, oversee and facilitate family education programs
• Serve as Youth Group adviser for HRTY Katan (2nd and 3rd grade), Club 456 (grades 4th-6th), JR. HRTY (grades 7th 8th), and HRTY (9th-12th), depending on experience
• Manage High Holy Day child care
• Assist in preparation and organization of grade level Shabbat dinner and services
• Prepare materials and represent Religious School at select Tot Shabbat and Saturday morning drumming Shabbat experiences
• Take part in teaching in the High School Program
• Take part in teaching Religious School Classes
• Help in developing and administering retreats and field trips
2. Administrative Responsibilities
• Assist in day to day Religious School management and support functions (i.e. enrollment, carpool, teacher needs, student supervision, etc)
• Maintain student attendance
3. Communication Responsibilities
• Maintain communication with parents, families, and staff in order to respond to their unique concerns and needs
• Create and distribute flyers as well as e-mail reminders as needed for programs
• Communicate all pertinent information to the Director of Congregational Learning
Work week includes Sundays and some evenings.
Covid 19 Vaccination required