Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s Global Communications Department seeks a skilled communicator who is a passionate advocate for Israel and the Jewish people to serve as Assistant Director, Social Media.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter proficient in writing compelling copy that converts views and likes into clicks and reads. This position plays a key role in the day-to-day management and growth of AJC’s social media presence - the largest of any Jewish organization. This work will require availability outside normal work hours to respond to breaking developments. The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive.
The Assistant Director of Social Media does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Draft and post a steady stream of content on AJC’s primary social media accounts that is consistent with the organization’s programmatic and advocacy priorities and policy positions;
• Coordinate with AJC issue experts, institutes, and offices, and offer support to other priority AJC social media accounts;
• Ensure brand integrity through consistency in tone, voice, and terminology;
• Closely follow relevant news and trending social media topics and develop AJC’s response in concert with organizational leadership and other key stakeholders;
• Work with the Rapid Digital Content Creator to swiftly develop relevant content in light of breaking news;
• Work with the Director of Social Media and AJC’s advertising team to create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers and convert followers into email constituents, activists, and donors;
• Ensure relevant images are obtained from the Graphics department for use on social media platforms;
• Monitor, remove, and report comments, if necessary;
• Track the activities of other organizations active in our space;
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media that might be applicable for AJC;
• The Assistant Director of Social Media will assume additional relevant responsibilities, as needed.
• Three to four years’ work experience in the field of communications and social media;
• Bachelor's degree;
• Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect the Jewish people and Israel;
• Experience using social media analytics and listening tools such as Sprout;
• Capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
• Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines;
• High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
• Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx