Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel at FIU in Miami, FL, as the Engagement Associate. You will build one-on-one relationships with students, putting on awesome events around campus and in the community, and help inspire students to make a commitment to Jewish life.
Working as a part of a dedicated team of Hillel professionals, you will participate in Hillel’s robust calendar of educational and cultural offerings, inspiring students to explore, develop, and deepen their Jewish identities. You’ll thrive on setting and meeting ambitious goals, weaving diverse networks, and supporting students to take leadership on campus and beyond. An empathic listener, you’ll model engaging in dialogue across differences with respect and curiosity. Always ready for the next big idea, you’ll bring enthusiasm, energy and joy to FIU students and the FIU campus every day. You will work directly with a Jewish student base of 3,500 and thousands of non-Jewish students on the 4th largest campus in the United States. More than your average 9-5 job, you will have a passion for this work and a dedication to the mission.
What You’ll Do
- Actively contribute to shaping Hillel at FIU by engaging 3500 Jewish students annually.
- Collaborate with students, colleagues and FIU faculty to develop both signature programs like our Social Justice Sukkah, Israel Week, Holocaust and Genocide Awareness Week, Rosh Hahaha and new projects throughout the school year
- With an interest in social justice, create bridge-building opportunities with other groups on campus.
- Nurture local students into community leaders as you prepare them for life after college.
- Map out a plan to strategically build one on one relationships with students currently not engaged in Jewish life.
- Train and supervise engagement interns, inspiring them with Jewish learning, social justice passion, and leadership development so that they are able to set and meet ambitious goals.
- Recruit for Alternative Break and Birthright Israel trips.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 0 -2 years professional work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit. Things may not always go according to plan and you must be willing to take risks and learn your wins as well as your losses.
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions.
- Ability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel.
- Belief that our work isn’t done until every Jewish student is connected to Jewish life.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary for this role is $40,000, non-negotiable.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Team-oriented approach to work, a self-directed work ethic, a sense of humor among the team-members, an ability to connect with and appreciate diverse personalities.
- An opportunity to live and work in one of the most exciting cities in the USA.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
About Hillel at FIU
Hillel at Florida International University serves 3,500 Jewish students, and is the fourth largest university in the country. Working mostly with local students who will remain in Miami after graduation, Hillel at FIU builds local leaders who want to make Miami a better place. Through innovative programming and individual outreach, Hillel at FIU creates a campus atmosphere where Jewish students can thrive in the greatest city in the world. Our Hillel is very young, so you are the person to dream big, experiment, shape the vision, and create legacy for the generations of Jewish students!
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel at Florida International University is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.