This new position provides a curious, inventive, energetic professional early in their career or looking to make a change with the opportunity to connect people to each other and a vibrant Jewish community. Working as part of a growing team and reporting to the Senior Development Director, you will work closely with the Development Database Manager and Member Engagement Manager to help ensure that Temple has the financial and volunteer resources needed for members ages birth through wise adults to grow in ways that are personally meaningful.
The ideal candidate will bring a detail-loving, people-focused, data-driven skill set to succeed in building relationships with donors, volunteers, and their staff partners, managing donor and gift data, and supporting event logistics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate communications to welcome, engage, and thank donors and members
• Coordinate logistics for in-person and virtual donor and committee meetings, stewardship events, and some community-wide programs
• Assist Member Engagement Manager with updating and sending tailored information to prospective and new members
• Periodically update thank you messaging for snail mail, online, and social media
• Enter, process, and acknowledge (by phone, email, and print mail) gifts in a timely manner, and work with staff to segment and personalize acknowledgments to key constituencies
• Run periodic Salesforce and iWave reports to support ongoing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of members and donors
• Research prospects and donors in iWave to inform donor engagement
• Continually update donor data to ensure accuracy and relevance for key staff and volunteers
• Manage memorial and honorary tribute programs
Development Program Support
• Schedule, set up for, and prepare materials for in-person and virtual volunteer meetings, and send follow-up materials and information to
volunteers and staff as needed
• Manage inventory for Development department
• Create and format Word documents and PowerPoint presentations
• Perform other related duties for ongoing or special projects as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: This is a full-time, exempt position, working in a flexible, hybrid work setting. Must be available some evenings and weekends, depending on programs or events.
QUALIFICATIONS: As the top candidate, you love people and are incredibly organized, creative by nature, thrive on a variety of assignments and tasks, balance independence with collaboration, and are interested in supporting all aspects of development operations in a small, sophisticated shop. You also have:
• Some higher education
• 3+ years of professional achievement in development, membership, or other mission-driven customer service
• Demonstrated proficiency in Office Suite and Google Suite, with fluency in Word and Excel
• Experience using a CRM, with Salesforce preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A sense of humor!
If you are interested in the position and have some of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $45,500-50,500, depending on experience. Benefits include vacation holiday and sick-time, long-term disability, 401(k) plan with generous matching, and 100% employer-paid health/vision/dental insurance.