At JSL, we are more than just Senior Living. We are a community of workers and residents that have created a family like environment. Each day we strive to enrich the lives of our residents.
We are looking for our Resident Service Coordinator to join our agency on our West Bloomfield Campus. Experience in Gerontology is beneficial. Must show a passion for working with our aging population as well as the ability to build strong relationship with our residents. This position will report to the Building Administrator.
Position Overview: Responsible for evaluating the needs of residents and providing referrals for direct services as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducts Pre-Residency meetings with residents.
• Participates in tours, follow up calls and marketing events, etc.
• Maintains records on all residents served and documents activity as appropriate.
• Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
• Collaborates effectively with internal departments and all levels of personnel on a wide variety of resident issues.
• Conducts follow up meetings with residents after move in.
• Reviews incident reports and provides follow up as needed.
• Identifies residents in need of service, either through direct referral or from families, other residents, staff, etc.
• Provides support to residents and their families, individually, via family meetings or support groups.
• Works to address and resolve residents’ and family members concerns.
• Develops referral network within the community for available services, and makes appropriate referrals to and consults with other professional services as indicated.
• Attends and participates in meetings, weekly Resident Review meetings, and other meetings as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent written, verbal and listening skills. Ability to work independently, implement plans, and has excellent problem solving skills. Computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
Education and/or Experience: Social Work degree beneficial but not required. Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a related field. One-Two years of RSC experience or experience in social work/or community service experience preferred. Knowledge of geriatric population and dementia beneficial.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD & LTD and generous paid time off.