Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity, and pluralism and to ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will provide critical communications and marketing support to the Institute’s English-language programs across North America and in Israel. This position is an opportunity to work on diverse projects including SHI NA’s website, social media, marketing and analytics, email communications, collateral design, and basic video editing. Success in the role requires strong attention to detail, top-notch digital skills, strong writing skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The communications team is based in NYC, but candidates who will work remotely from other regions will be considered.
• Oversee SHI North America’s digital and social media platforms. Develop, execute, and evaluate strategic paid and organic social media campaigns. Monitor analytics and provide regular reporting.
• Coordinate development and production of compelling digital content (website, e-communications, and print collateral) with input from manager and program colleagues.
• Update and maintain English language websites.
• Basic design work for social media.
• Project manage the digital communications calendar.
• Manage the communications needs for Sources: A Journal of Jewish Ideas.
• Light video editing for social media.
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in digital marketing.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; strong proofreading and editing abilities.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and producing digital content for social media; strong understanding of business social media platforms, Google analytics, and SEO.
• Strong creative and branding sensibility, including ability to create marketing materials and execute basic graphic design and video editing for social media.
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud. Working knowledge of WordPress. Prior experience with Salesforce and Mailchimp preferred.
• Able to prioritize and to work independently and proactively, with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to produce highly professional work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities.
• Thrives in a dynamic, high-energy environment. Track record of demonstrating sound judgment and knowing when to take initiative, when to elevate problems.
• Familiarity with Jewish tradition and the contemporary Jewish landscape a plus.
• Hebrew language competence a plus.
• Good sense of humor.
Salary range and benefits:
$55,000 - $65,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience. Competitive compensation and benefits package.