Who we are: a non-profit organization responsible for the conservation and restoration of the historic Jewish Suburbia in Bardejov, Slovakia—an urban complex included in UNESCO’s World Heritage list. Also focused on preserving Jewish heritage, raising awareness to the significance of cultural heritage, multicultural education, and on combating racism and xenophobia in Europe.
Who you are: The Executive Director is a dynamic and experienced leader with the skills and confidence to be the face of our non-profit organization involved in preserving Jewish heritage in Europe. Possessing at least 3+ years of experience in a non-profit environment. The Executive Director, will be responsible for the overall leadership, management, and planning of our organizations growth and report directly to the organizations Founder.
• Provide Strategic and Operational Leadership by leading development and implementation of strategic plans for organizations
• Responsible for leading day-to-day operations
• Direct and supervise associates and staff in the USA and Slovakia office
• Manage communication with public officials in the USA and Europe and with our constituents
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with local and international organizations
• Plan and monitor programs, coordinate educational activities and public ceremonies
• Oversee submission of grants, legal and financial documents, publications, and informational materials
• Prepare reports, research-guidelines, and policy recommendations
• Represent our non-profit organization in formal meetings, public events, and conferences
• Recruit, train, and supervise associates and staff members
• Bachelor’s (required)
• 3+ years of non-profit experience (required)
• Event Planning
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Full Time position, must be located on the East Coast with weekly office visits to Merion Station, PA. (required)
• Need to be a good communicator, writer and flexible due to changing job description depending on the circumstances.
• Interest in Jewish preservation with light travel to Europe and/or Bardejov, Slovakia
• Health Insurance
• Paid Time off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick)