Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
JNF is seeking a Major Gifts Director to be responsible for growing Major Gifts throughout the Greater Los Angeles area.
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
• In partnership with the Greater Los Angeles Executive Director, develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research, corporate sponsorships, and major gift solicitations.
• Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
• Developing and identifying major gift prospects
• Major Gift Committee Management and Development cultivation and membership
• Mission recruitment & National Task Force Development
• Emphasis on closing gifts of $25,000 plus
• Participate in all National Major Gift activities and conference calls
• Major Gifts Event Planning
• A passion for Israel.
• The Major Gifts Director should have at least 5 years of relative experience in sales/fundraising
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
• Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Are passionate about our work.
You understand the importance of Israel and want to help us continue to build and support the land and its people.
• Dream big.
You aren’t afraid to think outside the box. You are always bringing new ideas to the table and are able to strategize a plan of how to make them reality.
• Are Creative.
A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
You are a dependable and self-disciplined individual who is capable of minimal on-site supervision.
Extra Credit Experience:
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the Jewish Community in the Greater Los Angeles area
• Salesforce data management.
• Opportunity to Travel to Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare
• Dental & Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer-paid Life Insurance
• Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) With Generous Employer Contribution
Please apply at the link below: