The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Position Title: Fundraiser
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (Federation) is seeking a Fundraiser to join our world-class Philanthropic Advancement Team. The Fundraiser will work on the annual Campaign and Endowments to support community needs both locally and abroad.
For a dynamic and community-minded individual with a passion for fundraising, the Fundraiser role offers the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals across Jewish Detroit and beyond. The impact of this work directly strengthens our local and internals Jewish communities, as well as providing purpose and connection to our community supporters.
About the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
For over one hundred years, the Detroit Jewish community has maintained a legacy of extraordinary strength, cohesion and vibrancy. To this day, we stand among the most generous and committed communities to be found anywhere.
The Jewish Federation is the leader for philanthropy and engagement across Jewish Detroit. We are a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish People and building a vibrant Jewish future, In Metropolitan Detroit, in Israel and around the world.
Core Job Functions
• Solicit and close gifts for the Annual Campaign and Jewish Community Endowment Fund.
• Cultivate donor relationships to increase engagement and investment in Federation.
• Steward a portfolio of mid-range donors by building rapport, credibility and trust.
• Proactively connect with existing donors to foster a good relationship.
• Invite donors to Federation and community events that meets specific donors’ interests.
• Achieve fundraising goals.
• Articulate a case for giving to Federation and exhibit a commitment to Federation’s mission.
• Perform donor research to analyze historic patterns of giving.
• Find creative and innovative ways to cultivate new donors.
• Grow existing donors giving levels.
Knowledge, Abilities and Attributes
• An undergraduate degree.
• Dynamic, people-oriented individual with excellent relationship-builder skills.
• Minimum of two (2) years of related fundraising experience.
• Proven track record of success in donor stewardship and gift-closing.
• Strong personal drive, independence and initiative.
• Excellent judgement and discretion.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively as a team player and independently.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrates the utmost professionalism and integrity.
• Understanding of Jewish values and belief in the Federation’s mission.
Click to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx