The Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR) is seeking a Director of Advancement to join our Development Department.
The Director of Advancement will support the Chief Executive and oversee the Development Department to ensure continuous growth and fundraising effectiveness. The work will help increase the number of donors and raising income to meet fundraising targets that support CCAR’s strategic and operational objectives in furtherance of the CCAR Purpose, Mission, Pillars, and Goals.
Core Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Foundation research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation;
• Major donor identification, relationship building, solicitation and stewardship;
• All aspects of grantsmanship: Writing, reporting, editing existing prospectuses, proposals, and related follow-up;
• Draft fundraising communications and personalized communications on behalf of Chief Executive;
• Supervise all aspects of the development department including staff;
• Be part of the CCAR Senior team.
Valued Qualities, Skills, and Competencies:
• At least five years working in the major gifts/foundation arena;
• Quick learner with the ability to learn new programs and processes;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines;
• Must be highly organized and extremely detailed oriented;
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communications, and customer service skills, positive attitude, professional and courteous demeanor as an ambassador and representative of the organization;
• Willingness to be flexible;
• Ability to work as a leader, as part of a team, and to work independently;
• Patience and good judgment with people; good conflict resolution instincts and problem-solving skills;
• Ethical foundation in both conduct and qualifications;
• Discretion and commitment to confidentiality;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Familiarity with the Jewish non-profit community (desired).