We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
ABOUT THE JOB
Magen David Yeshivah is looking for Part-Time or Full-Time General Studies Assistant Teachers for the 2021-2022 school year at our Brooklyn school.
The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
- The Assistant Teacher will support the curriculum plans of the head teacher, have opportunities to initiate and implement parts of the curriculum, and gradually assume increased responsibilities.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on student progress
- Evaluate each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught
- Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA and student clubs.
- Assistant Teacher should have completed a High School Degree.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah. - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah