The ideal candidate for this position has the following qualities and skills:
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a high energy environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the Position:
This position is an essential partner for helping advance the work of Temple Hillel by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the office of the Executive Director.
- 20-25 hrs/week
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and hours
- Sort, prioritize and respond to incoming email in order to maximize responsiveness of office of the ED to various constituencies
- Managing, prioritizing and in some cases responding to incoming phone call
Calendar and Schedule Management
- Responding to appointment requests and scheduling events in a timely way
- Ensuring that meetings and appointments are spread out appropriately throughout the day and week
- Carefully prioritizing various requests
- Schedule meetings with others as needed
- Proactively solve any scheduling conflicts that might arise
- Reminding ED of various work on the horizon to make sure that nothing is getting missed
Manage Work Flow of Executive Director
- Oversee a shared “to do list” so as to make sure the ED executes on various tasks and follows up on items
- Make sure that ED meets deadlines for work that is due to other staff, students or partners
- Identify for the ED larger projects or looming deadlines in order to help ED schedule necessary time to complete that work
- Communicate with donors to arrange meetings
- Coordinate schedule and logistical details for fundraising trips
Required skills include: Ability to multi-task and coordinate details., familiarity with Excel and Word, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail. Prior experience as an executive assistant is a plus. The ideal candidate will also have strong experience using both Microsoft and google applications.
For more information about Temple Hillel check out:
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel at Temple University is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.