OSU Hillel is looking for someone who is a motivated professional with strong organizational, interpersonal, programming, and communications skills to serve as the Engagement Associate. You will be an integral member of our Jewish student life team, working both collaboratively and independently. The Engagement Associate should be passionate about building peer to peer relationships, getting out on campus to reach new and uninvolved students and empowering students. You are someone who has a passion for building community through your dynamic personality, warmth, sincerity, sense of humor, and fun-loving attitude. You should be excited to shape the lives of students at Ohio State which is part of the ever growing Jewish life in Columbus, OH.
What You’ll Do
- Put yourself in new places and situations to engage a wide variety of students, for example, Greek Life, dorms, student union.
- Map out a plan to strategically build one on one relationships with 180 students currently not engaged in Jewish life, through meaningful conversation and exploring creative opportunities to help them "do Jewish".
- Collaborate with students you meet to create new opportunities for participation in Jewish life and build a cadre of student leaders who can work to craft activities and outreach to benefit all Jewish students.
- Create, implement, and support a diverse range of student programs and initiatives with a focus on first and second year students; Develop ongoing programs and manage large-scale programs as needed
- Work as part of the Hillel program staff to plan and implement different Hillel programs, such as social and Jewish holiday programming
- Recruit for and lead immersive experiences if necessary.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, proven experience thinking and acting strategically to reach goals, a sense of humor and an ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out the way you thought they would.
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years' of professional work experience.
- An interest in creating Jewish Life.
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions.
- Ability to work flexible hours needed to get the job done.
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel.
- Willingness to admit what you don't know, and excitement to learn in those areas.
- Excitement to continue developing your self ?
What You’ll Receive
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel abroad, particularly to Israel.
- Paid coffee dates with students.
- Flexible work hours over a 12 month contract
About OSU Hillel
OSU Hillel, the second oldest Hillel in the country, serves thousands of Jewish students every year. From more than 180 programs to special events to “just having lunch”, OSU Hillel offers something for everyone. It is a fast paced, exciting work environment where initiative is rewarded and team playing is a must. OSU Hillel captures the best of a big-ten school – the enormous campus, the amazing opportunities, the great city of Columbus, and the best fans in the land.
Columbus, OH is one of the fastest growing cities in America. It combines the best of that friendly midwestern feel with the best of food, culture, entertainment, sports, and affordable living. It is home to several major companies, as well as Ohio State University. The city attracts young professionals of all types because of its growth and affordability, and has been ranked as one of the top cities for young professionals. The Columbus Jewish community is spread all over town, and has a vibrant JCC and young professional community.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
OSU Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.