Brandeis Marin, a K-8 Jewish Day School in San Rafael, CA, is seeking a Middle School Learning Specialist to work with students and teachers in grades 5-8.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide one-on-one and small-group support/instruction for students, both in push-in and pull-out environments.
* Make regular assessments of student achievement and progress.
* Report regularly on student achievement and progress.
* Attend select parent-teacher conferences to discuss student progress with parents, if required.
* Meet with individual families as necessary to discuss their student’s progress.
* Read and summarize all neuropsychological evaluations for 5th Grade, Middle School students, and prospective students as necessary.
* Create “cover sheets” (individual learning plans) that will target students’ specific curricular/learning needs.
* Counsel families on learning support and assessment accommodations.
* Provide referrals to families for outside support as needed.
* Support teaching staff by offering resources, assistance, advice, and training to enable faculty to better meet the needs of all learners.
* Develop and maintain communication and documentation protocols related to learning support.
* Assume an active role in Student Support Team (SST) meetings.
* Coordinate the use of external tutors and service providers.
* Supervise the administration of annual standardized testing.
* Perform other duties as determined by the Head of School.
* Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
* At least four years of experience as a learning specialist or in a related role. Independent school experience preferred.
* Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, administrators, and parents.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
* Positive attitude, flexible approach, and a sense of humor.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.brandeismarin.org. Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required.