Temple Beth Shalom Early Childhood Center is a vibrant, creative and nurturing program in the heart of Hastings on Hudson, NY. Our Nursery School is an cornerstone of our congregation’s history and future, and a vital part of our Temple life. We are a connected community of teachers, children and families, and are looking for a like-minded Team Teachers to join our thriving team.
All of our Team Leaders are highly engaged, committed and passionate about working with children. As a faculty, we are dedicated life-long learners, focused on continuing education and evolving our program to meet the needs of our children. We never do the same thing twice! A Team Teaching model allows us to be explorers and collaborators and work in partnership with others. Our classrooms feature one of the best student to teacher ratios in the area, making our school an incredibly rewarding and inspiring place to work.
Team Leaders are the visionaries of the classroom and our program, leading the team to create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum, class plans, and foster a warm, nurturing, intentional learning environment.
Our ideal candidate will be…
- Dedicated to working with children, connecting with children, and committed to supporting their growth in all domains.
- Believe in supporting families through their children.
- Ready to work in a team setting, including being on-time and reliable, available outside of school hours for parent communication when needed, and have a commitment to collaboration, communication and respect (no job too big, or too small!)
- Educated on the most up-to-date information on early childhood development, with awareness of social-emotional learning, physical development, pre-literacy and early literacy, language milestones and number concepts in both child-led and teacher-led interactions.
- Organized and able to lead a classroom schedule and regular routine, from managing health checks and attendance, to performing tasks and modeling behaviors that keep the classroom organized and moving forward throughout the day.
- Committed to Special Education in our classroom settings, be comfortable identifying needs, and collaborating with the Director and families regarding EI, CPSE, CSE when needed, and collaborate with service providers within the classroom to implement strategies.
- Passionate about outdoor exploration and its benefits to children, arriving dressed for activities in our multiple outdoor playspaces or on the Croton Aqueduct in all types of weather.
- A steward of Jewish culture by developing curricula that fosters age-appropriate awareness of Jewish holidays and traditions.
- Comfortable with gentle, supportive parent communication, including the use of technology (emails, calendars, parent communication apps, Google apps, photos and video).
- During COVID: Ready for remote learning, including leading Zoom programs, delivering packages locally to families or planning pick-up of supplies to families in the Rivertowns — and developing best practices in this area.
- Available each day from 8:00 am - 12:30 pm, for our morning program (and for lunch bunch until 1:30 a few days a week starting each year in January - additional pay).
- 5+ years in a classroom setting and at least 3 as a classroom leader; experience in a 2s early childhood program required.
- Strong background in creating and implementing lesson plans and curriculum.
- A degree in Early Childhood or a related field; graduate level preferred.
- Special Education background or certifications a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DAP.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- Previous OCFS licensed program or NYCDOH experience a plus, but not required.
- During COVID: Compliant with all COVID-19 guidelines and advisories and perform all tasks associated with safety including health checks and cleaning -- we expect all staff to adhere to policies and protocols in and outside of school for the safety of all.
Salary is competitive for early childhood programs in our area; opportunity for more earned income through our extended day program.
Temple Beth Shalom is an equal opportunity employer and does not descriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability or marital status.