Department: Community Engagement
Position Title: Director of Digital Learning
Reports To: Director of Community Engagement
Supervises Others: No
Exempt Status: Yes
Union Status: No
Position Status: Full-Time
Weekly Hours: 35 per week
Probationary Period: 6 months
Pay Rate: $70,000 – 80,000 per year
Description of the Position:
The Director of Digital Learning in the Department of Community Engagement is tasked with magnifying JTS’s educational impact on the North American Jewish community through the effective use of digital media. As a key member of the Department of Community Engagement—which offers educational programming to the broader public beyond the community of matriculated JTS students—the Director of Digital Learning will work with diverse teams of faculty, staff, and outside developers to craft, implement, and continually improve compelling and substantive digital content, bringing JTS’s intellectual and spiritual resources to the community at large in order to further JTS’s mission of strengthening Jewish tradition, Jewish lives, and Jewish communities.
• In partnership with the Director of Community Engagement, develop an expanded vision and strategy for educational engagement of target audiences through a broad range of digital media
• Lead the implementation of that strategy
• Oversee the upkeep, development, and expansion of an active educational web presence— including written material, podcasts, webcasts, video lectures, online courses, and event recordings—through www.jtsa.edu/torah.
• Lead the production of podcasts, videos, and other media for members of the public, congregations, rabbis, and other target audiences—managing projections from conception to completion.
• Work closely with colleagues in the department, staff in other areas, faculty, and target audience representatives to shape content, ensure excellent quality, and maximize reach and impact for all digital programs.
• Serve as a consultant on digital learning and outreach projects across JTS.
• Evaluate impact of digital learning projects using the appropriate analytical tools and make improvements or course corrections needed.
• In partnership with the Communications department, develop content for JTS’s social media streams and grow JTS’s social media impact.
• Serve as liaison to Development staff who administer JTS’s CRM to manage, analyze, and strategically leverage program participant data.
• Curate JTS’s YouTube channel.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Broad and deep knowledge of the Jewish and non-Jewish educational technology landscapes and familiarity with new and emerging technologies and trends
• Nuanced understanding of the North American Jewish community and the landscape of Jewish adult education
• Significant experience designing and implementing digital education strategies
• Thorough understanding of the podcast ecosystem and experience with podcast production
• Experience with audio and video production
• Aptitude for understanding and learning new software and platforms quickly and thoroughly
• Experience and facility with CMS platforms, simple HTML, and Google Analytics
• Proven ability to increase web traffic; experience engaging social media followership a plus
• Superior project management ability, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to drive and manage projects from conception to completion
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; editing skills a plus
• Motivated self-starter able to take direction while maintaining a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and managing numerous projects simultaneously
• Team-player capable of working well with a wide variety of personalities and leadership styles and multiple departments
• Knowledge of Jewish texts and traditions and facility with Hebrew language a plus
• B.A. required; M.A. or other higher degree preferred
Please e-mail your resum*********************