Temple Israel in West Bloomfield, Michigan, the largest Reform synagogue in North America, is seeking a Program & Engagement Coordinator who will help plan and implement a wide range of Temple activities from individual/one-time events to ongoing programs across various constituencies of our Temple community.
We are seeking a professional, full-time, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual, who has outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, is detail oriented and has strong oral and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being part of a highly collaborative team, working in a caring, cohesive, creative and supportive environment. He or she will have the ability to multitask and prioritize, while being passionate about building a vibrant Jewish community.
• Assist with planning and preparation of programs
• Receive and maintain reservations and payments for upcoming events
• Volunteer correspondence and coordination
• Work with communications department to promote all events
• Correspondence with clergy, staff, board, committee chairs and general members
• Manage Temple Calendar
• Perform general clerical duties as needed
• Field calls, emails and general inquiries for related programs
• Plan and schedule any related meetings, appointments, etc.
• Support Temple volunteers with clerical and project based needs
• Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and comfortable learning other systems (Shul Cloud)
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to relationship building
• Understanding of Reform synagogue life and/or Jewishly knowledgable
• Ability to multi-task and balance a high volume of office work and developing relationships with people
• Work successfully as part of a team and independently
• Ability to flex schedule for evening and/or weekend programs