American Friends of Beit Issie Shapiro (AFOBIS), an innovation leader in the field of disabilities, inclusion and social change, is seeking a National Development Coordinator to assume responsibilities across a broad spectrum of fundraising and donor relations activities. Beit Issie Shapiro (BIS) is Israel’s leading non-profit that provides services to children and adults with disabilities.
The role includes support for and collaboration with all members of the BIS global development team as follows:
- Assist in the development and execution of fundraising plans and engagement of donors across the US.
- Support the creation, implementation and promotion of fundraising activities, including logistics support for meetings and events across the US.
- Develop innovative ideas related to donor cultivation strategies and prospect/research new potential philanthropic partners.
- Liaise and foster relationships with Board members, donors and external consultants, accountants, etc.
- Maintain and manage the CRM system for AFOBIS; provide CRM system support to team members on the global development team.
- Track all AFOBIS income and expenses, campaign revenue, donations, pledges; provide financial reports and metrics.
- Oversee day-to-day milestones and timelines for projects.
- General administration support for AFOBIS.
- Other tasks and projects as determined time-to-time by the US National Director.
- Experience in a donor relations, fundraising role
- Knowledge of current donor cultivation strategies, approaches
- Understanding of the US Jewish community and philanthropic trends
- Ability to draft high quality letters and short emails to donors and partners
- Significant experience working with CRMs and donor data
- Knowledge of available digital donor research and identification tools
- Technology proficient – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); some graphic and or web design experience an advantage
- Impeccable integrity and an unwavering commitment to excellence
- A team player who searches out win-win solutions
- Keen interest and understanding of Israeli society; knowledge of Hebrew an advantage.
- A passion for advancing innovation, therapies and social change for people with disabilities
- Able to be available and work across multiple time zones including Pacific Time and with Israel as required
- Available to travel domestically from time-to-time as required.
Ideal candidates will be self-starters and self-disciplined and able to illustrate success and efficiency in working remotely. Due to COVID-19 and public health mandates, AOFBIS is temporarily working in a remote environment, but will resume in-office business once restrictions have eased. There will be regular weekly in-person meetings in New York City and New Jersey.
The National Development Coordinator reports to the US National Director.
Salary commensurate with experience.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|