Seeking a hard-working TEACHER to play a very hands-on role in helping to fully include a sweet, hard-working 8th grade girl with Down syndrome in class (both secular and Judaic studies) with her typical peers throughout the school day, at RPRY (Rabbi Pesach Raymon Yeshiva) in Edison, New Jersey.
A. Student-related responsibilities:
1. Design, plan, and implement modifications and accommodations, based on lesson plans and instructional materials.
2. Push in to classrooms to provide support and differentiated instruction (for one student in particular, and to some extent to her peers). Fade away support as appropriate.
3. Pre-teach certain lessons to prepare student ahead of time for certain classroom lessons and/or discussions.
4. Help track student’s academic and social progress, and dynamically adapt teaching strategies as needed to remediate challenges.
5. Support a child in her efforts to self-advocate.
B. Teacher-related responsibilities:
6. Create materials to use to help facilitate classroom lessons.
7. Implement and share effective education strategies to support student’s needs.
8. Collaborate with classroom teachers and school administration.
C. Parent-related responsibilities:
9. Communicate with the parents of this child on a recurring basis via text, email, phone, and/or Google Docs (during evening/weekend hours, as needed).
10. Participate in parent-teacher conferences, along with formal and informal planning and assessment meetings.
11. Transparently share concerns and challenges with parents and administrators, and brainstorm potential solutions.
12. Be available to interact with parents via phone, as needed.
· Bachelor of Education degree is required; Master degree in Special Education, Inclusive Education, or related field is a big plus
· Minimum 3 years of classroom experience, ideally with (but not required) inclusion experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Out-of-the-box thinker who can creatively problem-solve
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Classroom
· Passion for inclusive education
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE*********************