Summary: The Program Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing Jewish Life and Culture programs and special events throughout the calendar year. With a special focus on families with young and school aged children, programs are realized by developing strategic community partnerships, working across JCC program departments and as part of the Arts Ideas and Jewish Life (AIJL) team. This is a full-time position of the Jewish Life and Culture Department.
Expectations of Employees:
? Support the Mission of the Mandel JCC.
? Possess a working knowledge of agency programs and services in order to ensure they are reflective of the Core Values of the Mandel JCC.
? Represent the Agency and provide the highest quality of customer service.
? Adhere to all policies and practices provided in the employee handbook.
? Dress professionally as wear Mandel JCC Staff ID badge.
? Development and Implementation of Jewish Life Programs Including but not limited to:
? Jewish holiday celebrations at The J
? Mitzvah pro**********ms to connect the community with Israeli culture
? Work collaboratively with current partner organizations in the Jewish community and identify new program partners that meet the strategic needs of the departments and the agency to maximize the effectiveness of program initiatives. Existing partner program responsibilities include:
? JNF Tu Bishvat annual community celebration
? JHUB partner programming
? PJ Library partner programming
? JFSA programs for campership families
? Create a calendar of programs and events and realistic planning schedule to actualize the programs.
? In collaboration with the Director of JLC work with JCC program departments including Early Childhood, JDay Camps, Camp Wise and Fitness to:
? Advise on Jewish Life programs, questions and suggestions and to enhance the Jewish experience of participants in these programs
? Provide support and partnership to current Jewish programs being offered through these departments
? Plan and implement Jewish programs where appropriate or necessary for specific department needs.
? Provide assistance as a member of the Arts, Ideas and Jewish Life program team as needed for other departmental programs.
? Work collaboratively with the Marketing department where necessary to develop an effective marketing strategy for promotion of programming.
? Utilize social media platforms to promote programs.
? Oversee individual program budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility.
? Work with both Mandel JCC and community lay leadership when necessary.
? Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Upholds the professional standards of his/her field and always acts in a manner that is consistent with the best interests of The J and will protect and enhance its reputation and standing in the community.
• Adheres to The J’s code of ethics and avoids any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
• Shows respect for co-workers and members and an understanding of and appreciation for the diversity of the Agency’s staff, members, and audiences.
• Aspires to excellence in all aspects of his/her work and serves as a model for others.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Adheres to all Mandel JCC protocols, procedures, rules, and policies.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
• Two to three years of Jewish education or informal Jewish education experience - youth advisor, camp counselor.
• Strong knowledge of Jewish culture, heritage, and traditions.
• Familiarity with the Cleveland Jewish community (volunteer or professional).
• Working knowledge of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a high degree of organization.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, re-prioritize work, and be flexible while meeting tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
• Occasional weekend (including Shabbat), Jewish holidays, and evening work.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.