About Congregation Bnai Chaim:
Congregation Bnai Chaim is a conservative synagogue servicing Southwest Riverside County. Congregation Bnai Chaim is an egalitarian community that traditionally was Conservative when founded, but as the population of Temecula has grown and changed, so has the characteristics of the synagogue membership.
Congregation Bnai Chaim operates a vibrant Hebrew school that serves two synagogues, Bnai Chaim is comprised of both young and old members and is embracing a modern view of Judaism. The community is welcoming to interfaith families, is engaged in a partnership with the community around it, and strives to be a relevant mentor to the Jewish families it serves. The synagogue has approximately 50 membership families with all ages involved in the creating of a Jewish community. At this time the synagogue operates with an all-volunteer service to include:
(1) Friday night Kabbalat Shabbat services with an all-volunteer ensemble/band.
(2) Shabbat Torah services in a traditional manner
(3) Sunday Hebrew School
The Rabbi we seek:
(1) A Rabbi who is ordained and can work with conservative Jews using the Siddur Hadash (one day we will upgrade).
(2) Understand the sensitivity of working with a community that includes interfaith and mixed families
(3) Loves working with children to prepare them for B'nai Mitzvah Ceremonies in the Hebrew School setting. We have at least 6 planned in 2021.
(4) Can build relationships with both younger generations and older generations of Jewish families.
(5) Defines their leadership from equipping and encouraging others. The candidate will lead by walking alongside people and not dictating to them.
(6) Has a pulpit and bima presence that is welcoming and inviting, providing depth within the sermon.
(7) Is prepared to hold learning classes for adults who have been absent from their Jewish walk but returning.
(8) Comfortable with English and Hebrew services
(9) Run weekly services both Friday and Saturday except when the Hebrew school runs the services
(10) Provide pastoral care as needed to include Life Cycle Events.
(11) Run High Holidays.
ANTICIPATED APPROXIMATE BREAKDOWN OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Davening Leadership 20%
2. Teaching 20%
3. Pastoral Care and Life Cycle Events 20%
4. Preaching 20%
5. Synagogue Administrative Activities 20%
Anticipated Employment Terms:
Terms of employment are negotiable.
(1). Submit a cover letter explaining your pastoral philosophy for a small synagogue and your rabbinical worldview.
(2). Submit a copy of your resume / CV
(3). Include a link to any sermons you have delivered. This may be on a private weblink such as dropbox, on Youtube, or other hosting s********************