Luria Academy of Brooklyn
To start immediately through June 2021
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn, we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Through our individualized approach to learning and commitment to diversity as a core value, our students graduate with a deep love of learning, strong sense of self, and a passion to repair a fractured world.
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
• Proficient computer skills, including all MS-Office applications and internet
• Highly organized and able to create and maintain systems that facilitate office management.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Friendly, kind and caring- able to work well with children and their parents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as it pertains to telephone, email, mail, all written correspondence and meetings with various stakeholders.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task.
• Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred, commensurate experience of at least two years.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to shift priorities when needed in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexibility, discretion (confidentiality), and a positive attitude.
• Recognize and respond to employee needs.
• Ability to treat all employees with cooperation and respect, consider the perspectives of others.
Office Management-Serve as first point of contact for all office, and administrative, needs including, but not limited to, the following:
• Serve as first point of contact for teachers, parents and all school inquiries (email, phone, mail, and visitors).
• Serve as point person for teacher and classroom supplies, office equipment, including scheduling service calls, ordering supplies, mail pick-up and delivery, as well as coordinating on-site troubleshooting for copy machines, printers, postage machine, telephones, fax, scanners, etc.
• Maintain office equipment and troubleshoot computer, network and software problems in coordination with IT consultant.
• Handle administrative functions such as directing incoming mail, working with vendors, supervising service delivery, database maintenance, maintaining office supplies and others functions that help keep the office running smoothly.
Interested individuals should submit a current resume and a letter of interest to:
Bill Manke, Di**********************