We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center, a Jewish Preschool located in Brooklyn, is offering highly competitive salaries for experienced Early Childhood Lead Teachers with Master's degrees for the 2020-2021 school year. Moving toward actively creating a constructivist approach to education, we are becoming a Reggio-inspired school bringing in new staff and new leadership. Our teachers participate in school-wide Professional Development programs as well as courses and conferences of individual interest. Our faculty is a true Community of Learners and teachers thrive in an environment of support and growth. Now is an exciting time to join us!
- In a classroom environment, Teachers will plan and supervise a warm, nurturing developmentally appropriate environment for the development of the whole child while integrating a program of both Limudei Hol and Limudei Kodesh under Magen David Yeshivah’s high level of care and educational standards.
- Head Teacher will design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, and inclusion of all children, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
Lead teacher should have a Master’s degree or near completion and at least 2-3 years experience working in a progressive early childhood environment.
Hold certification and/or license in Early Childhood Education.
All candidates should be warm, nurturing, creative, engaging, and have a passion for working with young children.
Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays.
Experience in emergent curriculum is a plus.
A background in constructivist- play based settings is a plus.
Why Magen David:
- Monthly Professional Development Opportunities.
- State of the art technology in the classrooms.
- Strong work life balance.
- A supportive environment where your opinions are heard and valued.
- A warm mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
- The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah