Are you a driven and outgoing professional with a passion for outreach that leads to the realization of meaningful philanthropic giving? Are you strategic, organized, creative and intrinsically motivated? Do you enjoy utilizing systems to amplify your capacity for measurable success? Do you love to meet and talk to people? This highly specialized position is for you!
As a member of the Hillel Philanthropy team, you will set your sights on the future of Hillel’s financial strength by identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects, leveraging our substantial existing leads while resourcefully scouting out future stakeholders. Ideal candidates deeply connect to and embody the mission of Hillel to promote Jewish identity development. Your work will be supported by the Director of Community Philanthropy who will provide you with collateral assets to optimize your outreach efforts. Our Donor Services Associate will partner with you to fully realize the potential of our donor database. And the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships will offer you insights to set and accomplish ambitious goals, enhancing your growth and success in this role.
As a member of the Hillel at UCLA Team, you will enjoy the camaraderie of a top notch operations team and colleagues whose student-facing work inspires every fundraising action. The vision of our Hillel is set by an Executive Director who is highly regarded by community leaders and donors and whose strategic mindset encourages innovation and aspirational efforts to sustain the healthiest and strongest Jewish campus community in the country.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and contact 80-100 prospects per day
- Set up and attend 15 fundraising meetings per month
- Communicate the Hillel at UCLA mission and impact and underscore the imperative for investment
- Solicit prospective donors and communicate outcomes to the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships at a weekly meeting
- Utilize Sales Engagement Tools to track and organize outreach activities
- Conduct quarterly reviews to consider successes, challenges, and opportunities for growth
- Prepare weekly reports demonstrating efforts and impact of efforts
- Attend networking events and scout public listings to identify prospects
- Keep current and maintain professional knowledge on matters related to Hillel at UCLA, the Hillel International movement, and issues pertaining to Jewish campus life
- Attend all-staff meetings
- Coordinate with Donor Services Associate to run reports and lists and integrate Sales Tools, support database hygiene by updating contact information
- Report to ED, DoPP and lay leadership on emerging trends in philanthropy and coordinate outreach efforts accordingly
- Leverage the contacts of lay leadership and stakeholders to expand prospecting pool
- Participate in ongoing training sessions, offer training to lay leadership and colleagues when called on
What You’ve Accomplished
- Demonstrated success in high-pressure sales environment
- 2+ years work experience
- Quantifiable track record for negotiating deals that result in increased revenue
- Development of positive and sincere relationships with a wide range of people
- Mastery of Sales Engagement Tools and outreach support tools
- Commitment to both personal Jewish growth and the growth of Jewish students through pluralism, education, and inclusion
- Understanding of college culture, millennials and the landscape of American Jewish life
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- A capacity to remain calm in challenging situations
- Creativity, flexibility, passion, a sense of humor
- Ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Receive
- Hillel offers an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GRSA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Flexible hours and abundant vacation time
- Great professional development, mentoring, skill building opportunities and a network of colleagues from across the Hillel movement.
- Working with a staff team which has piloted initiatives now being utilized on hundreds of campuses around the world including the Campus Engagement Initiative, campus-specific trips for non-Jews to Israel and the PA, and national and global social justice initiatives
- Hillel at UCLA is known as a "great place to work," in part because of our commitment to personal and professional development. Opportunities for coaching and mentorship will be available to help you continue to build skills and experience towards further career advancement.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The on-target earning is $100,000 annually.
About Hillel at UCLA
Hillel at UCLA is the center of Jewish life at UCLA and plays an important role in Jewish Life and the arts for the wider community. We endeavor to be a welcoming, uplifting, lively, and insistently pluralistic home for students at UCLA to be both supported and challenged as they progress through their most formative years. We work in partnership with students to help them develop authentic and committed Jewish lives by empowering them with tools and resources to create innovative and meaningful values-based programming that energizes and enriches Jewish life at UCLA and beyond.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel at UCLA is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.