We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
ABOUT THE JOB
Magen David Yeshivah is looking for experienced General Studies Learning Center Specialists for the 2021-2022 school year at our Brooklyn school. The school General Studies Specialist will provide push in and pull out reading (decoding and comprehension) support including teacher Wilson Fundations Program to struggling students in grades 1-5, while practicing Magen David Yeshivah’s high level of care and educational standards.
- ELA Specialists will provide support in reading decoding and reading comprehension.
- Specialists are expected to collaborate closely with classroom teachers.
- Communicate with parents on student progress.
- Evaluate each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught.
- Cultivate core values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA and student clubs.
Why Magen David:
- Monthly Professional Development Opportunities.
- State of the art technology in the classrooms.
- Strong work life balance.
- A supportive environment where your opinions are heard and valued.
- A warm mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
- The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
- Master’s Degree in Special Education or reading certification.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Certification in Reading or Learning Disabilities.
- Experience or certifications in Wilson Reading System, Fundations Reading program and/or Orten Gillingham preferred.
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Benefits include but not limited to Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 403(b), and lunch.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah. - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah